KASU dismisses at least 16 lecturers, 2 non academic staffs for participating in NLC strike.
The Kaduna state university has dismissed not less than 16 lecturers and two non academic staffs for participating in the just concluded NLC warning strike.
The Governor of the state, His excellency, Malam Nasir Elrufai tagged the strike as, “economic sabotage”. The governor had warned that any civil servant who participated in the strike would be relieved of his or her job.
In a communique published this week, addressed to the Governor through the office of the commissioner of education, the salary of the affected staffs is to be stopped with imediate effect.
The letter reads as follows:
“20th May, 2021
The Governor of Kaduna State.
Sir Kashim Ibrahim House, Kaduna.
The Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Education, State Secretariat, Kaduna, Kaduna State.
RE: NLG STRIKE ACTION IN KADUNA STATE
Your letter reference No. GH/KD/S/394 dated 18th May, 2021 refers
His Excellency may wish to note that the Management of the University identified 16 Academic staff and 2 Non-academic staff that participated fully in the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and affiliated organizations illegal strike action in Kaduna State in pictures through the electronic social media In view of His Excellency directive, the list of the affected staff has been forwarded to the office of the Head of Service through duly completed Exit Variation Forms for stoppage of salaries with effect from 20th May, 2021 (See APP. I and APP. IT).
The list of names of the affected staff is as follows
- Peter Adarmu- economics (dismissed)
- Peter Woziri Maitala- Biochemistry (dismissed)
- Usman Abbas– economics (dismissed)
- Jihad Abdullahi Ismaila- computer science(dismissed)
- Hussaini Bala-accounting (dismissed)
- Abubakar Mustopha Jumcine-library (dismissed)
- Abubakar Abdullahi– economics (dismissed)
- Kamal Dan’azumi -chemistry(dismissed)
- Alhassan Kabiru Usman-chemistry(dismissed)
- Usman Sodig Abubakar-biological science (dismissed)
- Daniel Gillian Lami-library (dismissed)
- Nina Lami Ochigbo-Registry (dismissed)
- Usman Balarabe Kubau-bursary(dismissed)
- Salome Danjurna-computer science (dismissed)
- Monday Emmanuel Dangana-geography(dismissed)
- Jo’afar Muhammad Sani-biochemistry (dismissed)
- Silas Birat Gorba-economics (dismissed)
- Abdulrasheed Sani-political science(dismissed)
His Excellency may wish to note that this administrative procedure was adopted based on the cumbersome provisions in the University Law and Staff Conditions of Service that states the measures for disciplinary cases, The procedures for disciplinary actions on proven cases of gross misconduct as contained leads to outright dismissal are as
(1) Issue of query to the affected staff:
(2) The affected staff replies the query on the allegation labelled against him/her:
(3) The affected staff will appear before a Disciplinary Committee;
(4) Submission of report to the Vice-Chancellor by Disciplinary Committee
(5) The Vice-Chancellor approves the recommendations of the Disciplinary
(6) Committee on behalf of the Governing Council; and
(7)The Registrar implements the approved recommendations of the Disciplinary Committee.
This is hurmbly submitted for His Excellency’s kind information as well as direct the Accountant-General to henceforth stop the deductions of Union Check-Off Dues of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) of Kaduna State University (KASU) Chapter, please.” The text reads.