In a great consolidated effort towards enabling Nigerians to enrol for the National Identification Number aka NIN, the National Identity Management Commison (NIMC) reterated that it has launched a new mobile app.
Technical assistant, information technology to the Ministry of Communication, federal republic of Nigeria, Femi Adeluyi, made this publicly in a statement published on Thursday in Abuja.
He stated that the development was part of the FG’s policy to expedite the process of obtaining national identity number (NIN) and linking the number to SIM, and also aligning with the national digital economy policy for a digital Nigeria in this new phase of improving technology globally.
About NIMC app
The National Identity Management Commison (NIMC) said it is very easy to navigate through the NIMC app as it has good features. On a certain condition, any Nigerian that wants to use the app must get his NIN in order to access the mobile app.
How to get NIMC app and how to use it
All android and iPhone users can download the app on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store without stress. You are adviced to follow the steps bellow:
1. After downloading, it automatically installs, go to the left side of the app and click on Skip and Begin.
2. Input your 11-digit NIN and click Next, then click I Agree
3. After the second step above, the phone number you used to register your NIN will pop up along with two questions;
The questions are:
a. I am still using dis Mobile Number?
b. I am not using this number.
Step 4. Press the one that is correct from the two options then press Next
5. If you are using the same phone number, enter the user ID and the OTP will be sent to your phone via an SMS. Then click proceed .
6. Incase you are no longer using the number again, you are to visit any NIMC nearest office to update your phone number.
To download the app, click HERE